Education enables people to break out of the poverty trap and enhance the quality of life for themselves and their community. Our education HUB solicits fund for orphans and needy children from the marginalized poor communities for bursary development programs, scholarship development programs, improve and support the informal schools, teach environmental awareness and build capacity in our communities, conduct vocational training and facilitate adult education programs.
In the poor communities slums and rural, schools are often overlooked, chronically under-resourced and marginalized.
Our program consists of infrastructure assistance:
• construction of community informal and public school classrooms
• provision of equipment
• construction of ablution blocks
• construction of crèches
• administration rooms
• community points
• and the development of vegetable gardens
and other school support programs such as;
• Conservation lessons.
The far-reaching benefits of the school support program include:
• Schools become eligible for additional teachers (arranged by the Government) as the improvements raise the profile of the school
• Classroom over-crowding is reduced
• Student-teacher ratios are improved
• Overall learning conditions are improved
• School attendance and pride increases
• An indirect spin-off is job creation, through both the builders involved in construction projects and the employment of additional teachers
• Equally important is the strengthening of school governance and parent-teacher interaction. PRF ensures the process of the project through the school committees and governing bodies, thereby building their capacity and empowering them.
• The relationship between the school, community, the conservation partners, donors, and PRF is cemented, as the request for classrooms is often the most pressing need
• At a higher level, the profile and importance of humanitarian tourism and conservation (and their benefits) is raised in our volunteering abroad in Kenya with PRF-BBCTV program.